Last Update: 12 February, 20124
- Scope and Consent
You can browse our websites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If you register for an account with us, you give us your personal information, and you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States, Australia and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located.
When you visit our websites or use our applications, services, or tools, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. The information sent to us includes data on the pages you access, your computer IP address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you’re using, your location, mobile network information, standard web log data, and other information. Web log data includes the browser type you’re using and traffic to and from our site. This information is not associated with you personally unless you are a registered user.
• email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical
information, and (depending on the service used);
• personal information you provide to us through community discussions, member information pages, correspondence, chats, dispute resolution, or shared by you from other social applications, services or websites;
• additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
• information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Information Sharing and Registration with Social Media Websites
We might offer sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to access the EverythingIndian websites. We also offer services that allow you to share information with third party social media websites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and others.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with access to our websites, applications, services and tools, and provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
• provide services and customer support you request, including service updates;
• resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
• prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
• customise, measure and improve our services and the content, layout, and operation of our websites and applications;
• compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
• aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information, so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you;
• contact you at telephone numbers we have collected, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorised by our
• provide you with other services requested by you in the manner described when we collect the information; and
You agree that we may use your personal information to tell you about our and our corporate family’s websites, applications, services and tools, deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences, and customise measure and improve our advertising, based on your ad customisation preferences.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may combine your personal information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise our advertising and marketing to you.
- Our Disclosure of Your Information
We disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. As stated above, we do not disclosure your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
We also share your personal information with:
• Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service)
• Law enforcement or regulatory agencies, or authorised third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other EverythingIndian user to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation
- Information You Share on Everything Indian
Your User ID is displayed throughout Everything Indian (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your Everything Indian activity. Other people can see your purchases, items for sale, storefronts, Feedback, ratings and associated comments. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites refer to User IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your EverythingIndian activities.
When you access our websites or use our services, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, “Flash cookies,” or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (“Cookies”). We use these technologies to: recognise you as a customer; customise services, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and to promote trust and safety across our sites and services. .
A few important things you should know about our use of these technologies:
• Most Cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session
• You are always free to decline our Cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services
• You may encounter Cookies from third parties, known as service providers, that we have allowed on our websites that assist us with various aspects of our website operations and services
• You also may encounter Cookies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorised. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a Cookie placed by that web page).
- No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Everything Indian communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Everything Indian users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Everything Indian -related spam or spoof emails to Everything Indian, please forward the email to spam@EverythingIndian.org . You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement.
- Closing Your Account; Retention of Personal Information
Upon your request, and subject to the following sentence, we will close your account, and as soon as reasonably possible remove your personal information so that it cannot be viewed by other users. Removal will be based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We may also close or deactivate inactive accounts, or accounts that are used in violation of our User Agreement.
In general, personal information from closed or inactive accounts will be deleted or rendered anonymous as soon as reasonably possibly after the account is closed or deactivated. Under certain circumstances we may retain personal information from closed or inactive accounts for longer. Grounds for doing so would include; prevention of fraud, collection of fees owed, resolution of disputes to otherwise take actions permitted by law. Under such circumstances this information will be kept as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations, and to comply with any applicable law.
- Third Parties
- Contact Us
If your questions are not answered online, you may write to us at: using the Contact Us form or on email@example.com.